We're all about Star Wars this week in honor of the theatrical release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!
First, we'll talk to Nissan's Jeremy Meadows, Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy and Partnership Program Manager for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story about the 2017 Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition that debuted at the 2016 LA Auto Show. We'll ask what's so special about this first-ever auto collaboration with LucasFilm and about the special-edition Death Trooper helmet replica that comes with it.
We'll also talk to Jeremy about how a special project like this comes together, and why it makes sense.
Then we talk to FCA's Ryan Nagode, Chief Interior Designer of Ram Trucks, the SRT line, and FIAT North American products about how he got started in design. We also discuss how the focus on interior design shifted over the years.
The real reason we have him on, though, is to talk about Star Wars. One of our go-to experts on the subject, we talk to Ryan about his Ram Rebel that was featured prominently awhile ago, and the incredible Chewbacca costume that he spent considerable time constructing. We ask Ryan how trucks would be different if Wookies were buying Rams.
Also, we talk a bit about the new movie and how Star Wars is such a cultural phenomenon for many.
Finally we'll talk to Nicole Wakelin and Paul Strauss, respectable automotive journalists who also are geeks, about the new movie and what Darth Vader would drive if Star Wars didn't happen a "long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."
All of that and more on our Star Wars special edition of the Future Motoring podcast!
- Buy Tickets Now for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!
- Nissan Brought a Massive Star Wars TIE Fighter to the L.A. Show – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Nissan Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition Debuts at the 2017 LA Auto Show - YouTube
- 2017 Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition, the first-ever Star Wars-branded full-size production vehicle, stands ready to "take on any battle" - Nissan Online Newsroom
- Ram Design Chief Creates 'Star Wars' Rebel - PickupTrucks.com News
- Ryan Nagode on Instagram: “#LetTheWookieRoar #Chewbacca @starwars #ClearMyThroat #YepThatsMeMakingThoseNoises @officialrebellegion @official501st #ChewbaccaCostume”
- Amazon.com: Hot Wheels Star Wars Character Car, Darth Vader: Toys & Games
- 2016 Lexus LX 570 SUV Packs 4WD V8 Power
- First Drive Review: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Burn Out - YouTube
- Black F-450 Platinum
- Oldsmobile 98 - Wikipedia
- Peel P50 - Wikipedia
- Awesome Stuff, Coolest Gifts for Guys, Amazing Things - The Awesomer
- Cool Cars, Car News & Reviews - 95 Octane
- Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff
- Science Fiction, Toys, Comics, Movies, TV and Collectibles - MightyMega
- Nicole Wakelin (@NicoleWakelin) | Twitter
- Total Fan Girl - Geek, Cars, and Gadgets Total Fan Girl
- The Star Wars Episode Transcript - Future Motoring